Pizza Spaghetti Bake
Original pin: http://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2012/03/pizza-spaghetti-bake-crazy-cooking.html
The original pin will explain just how quick and easy this is to make but in a nutshell….boil noodles and drain, mix spaghetti sauce and whatever pizza toppings you want right in the pot, spray casserole dish because this will bake similar to a lasagna, put your mixture into the casserole dish, top with cheese and more toppings and bake.
I baked mine at 350 for about 35 mins and it was done, you could see the corners had the baked look. We always broil our pizzas for the last 4-5 mins so I ended up doing that with this bake, just our preference!
You can also use a spatula and serve it very similar to a lasagna…..
- The original pin suggests putting the noodles in the casserole dish then pouring sauce over it, i recommend mixing it all THEN putting it in the casserole dish so you don’t have any bare noodles!
- Just like with pizzas at home you can make personalized sides, if one of you loves veggies and the other loves meat, it’s easy to seprate!
- dish it into small round pans or a cupcake pan to make mini’s
- Use spices you would on pizza-oregano,parmesan cheese, crushed red peppers…I used black pepper.
- make sure it’s saucy enough, baking dries it out if not!
- Let the kiddos help you make it! They can make pepperoni “pictures” all over that casserole lol
Husband Review: He said it didn’t “sound” good to him when I told him what I was making, but he said it tasted very good and he ate two plates and asked me to pack the left overs for his lunch tomm…..In his rating system that’s a high one!
My Review: Every week I make pizza and spaghetti but never did this combo 😉 The texture is a lot like lasagna which I love but the taste is more pizza-ish! I will be making this again, it’s too simple not to start putting it in rotation!