Beer can cake
Original Pin: http://www.sweetntreats.com/blog/beer-birthday-cake/
I had SO much fun making this for a 90th Birthday 🙂 My husbands Grandpa who from what I have heard “drinks a busch beer a day” was celebrating 90 years of greatness so we thought a beer cake was a fun gift (BTW it was Luau themed, that isn’t my everyday outfit lol)
I used a big round piece of foam found at the craft store, and I hot glued EVERYTHING since it is very heavy I didn’t want to risk it falling apart….so by everything I mean all of the sides of the cans tops and bottoms (but I positioned them so no glue gets around the mouth of the can that way they can still be usable!) I think I ended up with one extra can out of a 30 pack 😉 I chose the ribbons just to match the color of the cans but you could do any color scheme you want! 🙂 I think the fuller looking the better!
More Fun Ideas:
- Alternate tall cans!
- Alternate bottles!
- Use strips or pieces of the beer box to decorate the cake!
- Put candles on top, If you have an empty top can you can even stick a candle in the opening and light it!
- Wrap boas around each stack for a gift for a girl! It gives it a fem look!
- “over the hill” caution tape instead of ribbons 😉 !
- You can just do one tier….so a smaller level cake then decorate the top!